Python version control

Hi :wave:

in the wiki I read about the provided venv package control, however, is it also possible to use pyenv or some other tool to specify local, project-specific python versions (python 3.8 in my project’s case)? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi Luise, welcome!

Indeed, this should work. These days I would probably go with conda for environment management though. Also as a word of warning: python 3.8 has now reached its end-of-life. It is likely that if you use it or software packaged for it, you’ll encounter bugs or limitations that were fixed in follow-up versions.

Let me also know if you have more specific questions.

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response, Anton! I tried installing brew as a first step (pyenv/conda are not installed yet). Since I am not on the sudoers list, I was prompted the following – I am very sorry, if I violated any rules here :cold_sweat:

Hi Luise,

First of all, don’t worry about “this incident will be reported”: it’s a stern sounding message, which doesn’t actually mean anything, and it’s the default.

About what you’re trying to do:

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you so much @anton-akhmerov for your helpful comments :pray: everything works now!

1 Like